What Our Patients Are Saying
We strive to provide every patient with the highest level of personal service and care. Read what our patients are saying about their experience with Dr. Domb.
Dr. Domb and his team are great to work with. After 6 surgeries elsewhere, I finally had my right hip surgery performed by Dr. Domb. I am 37 years old, and this is the best my hip has felt since I was 15! Even mentally, I feel great from the success of my hip surgery. I have recommended 2 friends to Dr. Domb, and they are absolutely thrilled with him too. Dr. Domb and his team are awesome!
- Jeremy Cline
Hi Dr. Domb, I want to let you know I am so happy with my hip replacement. At the time I could not walk without the help of a cane. Today I am back to walking 4 to 7 miles a day and doing Zumba and Mixfit. I will be 70 this year and I never felt better. I would've had it done sooner but It took a a long time to be diagnosed. However when I went to your office your assistance diagnosed my problem within five minutes. Thank you so much! If it wasn't for you I would be an invalid today. My Internist said I had osteoarthritis and there was nothing that could be done for me. I would recommend your robotic hip replacement procedure to everyone who needs a hip replacement. Thank you again!
- Anita Smith, Hip Replacement
Over five years ago I was having terrible pain in my right hip. I was referred to Dr. Domb by Dr. Lorenz. Dr. Domb made a clinical diagnosis of a torn labrum in my right hip which was confirmed by an MRI and arthrogram.
He performed surgery arthroscopically rather than the traditional open procedure. This greatly reduced my recovery period and after following the physical therapy protocol I have had no problems with my right hip and have been pain free.
I would recommend Dr. Domb to anyone who is having hip problems of any kind, as well as any other joint problems.
- John Adams, Hip Arthroscopy
If I had to recommend anyone for hip surgery, he would be the first on the list.
- Erik Lis, Hip Arthroscopy
I finally got my wife back
- Husband of a Gluteus Medius Repair with Gluteus Maximus Transfer
I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge
- P. Mangan, Anterior MAKO Total Hip Replacement
Its not just finding a surgeon, Its not just finding a physician, Its making a friend.
- Sonya, Bilateral Hip Arthroscopy
I just wanted to take a minute to express my thanks & gratitude to you on the amazing hip resurfacing you performed in December 2014. I am a bit overdue in this but wanted you to know how happy I am with the results. While I recognize this was not advisable, I did complete my 17th consecutive Chicago Marathon in October, just over 9 months post-surgery. My golf game is back 7 the mere ability to simply walk pain free still puts a smile on my face. I’ve recently taken up spinning which I know is likely preferred over running for the longevity of my implant. I’ve told countless people about your tremendous skill & would be more than happy to be a reference or a sounding board to any patient considering this procedure/ your practice. Thanks again & be well.
- "This was the best thing I could have done for myself. I have no pain and am able to do everything I want and need to do."
- "Very happy with my hip and glad I had it done. It's good to be pain free."
- "My hips are feeling good, generally. I am doing pretty much anything I want to do with my workouts and modifying what I need to. I feel good!"
- "Doing great, walking five miles three times a week, working out at the health club and doing pilates."
- "Overall I have been very happy with the results and the recovery process! Healing time was quicker than most would expect, and I have been pretty much pain free in all activities."
This is my surgeon. 3 months post total hip replacement, I am thrilled to be riding my bike with vigor. Thank you Dr. Domb and team.Posted by Paula Zucker Stone on Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Menditto, a past baseball player at Downers Grove South High School injured his left hip while diving for a ball in the outfield. He sought treatment from Dr. Domb.
"After the injury I was really sore," Menditto said. "I wasn't able to walk without pain. I did physical therapy for two months, but since there was a tear, it didn't help much."
Dr. Domb discovered a tear in Menditto's labrum, an essential part of the hip's cartilage. Given the nature of the injury, Dr. Domb told Menditto that he was a perfect candidate for a minimally invasive arthroscopic hip procedure. By performing a hip arthroscopy, Domb could repair the tear in hopes of Menditto returning to the baseball diamond within a few months.
When asked about his experience with Dr. Domb, Menditto recalled, “This was my first surgery, so I didn't really know what to expect, but I definitely feel better than before the surgery. I was only on crutches for two weeks. I've been in physical therapy for nearly six weeks now and feel myself getting better every week.” He soon returned to a successful competitive baseball career.
- Phillip Menditto
Kathryn Warner, a high-level track athlete of Batavia, IL, has always been extremely active. While competing in the most physically demanding collegiate track events, including pole vaulting and hurdling, Kathryn noticed progressive hip discomfort.
Her senior year of high school, Dr. Domb diagnosed her with impingement (FAI) in her left hip. The pain continued to worsen through her track season, and progressed to where she was unable to walk. Dr. Domb performed surgery on Kathryn's left hip on June 16, 2010, just before her freshman year of college. Three months later, Kathryn was back on the track and competing in all the same events pre-surgery at East Carolina University.
Only one short year later, Kathryn started feeling pain in her right hip. Trusting in Dr. Domb and his ability to not only help her pain, but get her back into her track career, she had her right hip surgery on June 3, 2011.
Even while still completing rehab, Kathryn reported minimal pain and was confident of her return to track the following fall. Kathryn credits Dr. Domb with assisting her return to the activities she loves at a Division 1 Athletic Level. Kathryn went on to place fifth in pole-vaulting at the Conference USA Championships in 2011.
"I was able to get back into the demanding routine of college track this past fall with ease. To prevent extensive damage to my hips, I was forced to give up hurdling due to the impact it has on them. Other than hurdling however, there were very few exercises that I had to take a step back from. I continued with physical therapy in addition to my normal practices and was back to where I was pre-surgery by October, just four months after surgery!"
"I went on to have a very successful season. I was able to contribute to East Carolina's First place team finish at the 2012 Indoor Conference USA Championships by placing third in the Pole Vault with a jump of 12'4”, and receiving “All-Conference” honors. At the Outdoor Championships this past May, I ended with a second place finish, jumping 12'6”, while tying the school record. I finished my sophomore season, bettering my best jump from the year before by more than a foot. That is an accomplishment hard to achieve for any pole vaulter, let alone for someone who has undergone two hip surgeries!"
"I credit much of my successes to Dr. Domb, because without his outstanding work, I would not be competing in Track and Field at the collegiate level, or even at all!"
- Kathryn Warner
Eric Edwards, 31, of Lisle, IL, woke up one day in excruciating pain. Eric studied and trained in virtually every type of martial arts, body-building, rugby, wresting, yoga, as well as more traditional athletics such as football, basketball and track. Eric was particularly active and intense in his training in his adolescence and early 20s.
Eric attended physical therapy, focused on his back for five months and treated pain from three herniated discs and a pinched sciatic nerve with epidural injections.
Dr. Domb sent Eric for an MRI of both hips, which revealed labral tears and cam lesions in both hips and a fractured rim or acetabulum in the left hip.
Eric then underwent hip arthroscopy by Dr. Domb to reshape him femoral head. Eric describes Dr. Domb as a truly good human being, who is professional, thorough and skilled at articulating process and procedure details in a way that is easy to understand.
Over a year since his surgery, Eric continues to be satisfied with his results. He remains committed to getting even stronger and healthier. He says yoga, stretching and weight training are key to this continued improvement.
- Eric Edwards
While training for the Chicago Half Marathon, avid runner and physical therapist Melissa Stevens, 37, of DeKalb, IL, began experiencing achy hip pain. She began a course of self-guided physical therapy for about one week with no improvement.
Three days after the injury and ten days before the Half Marathon, Melissa reached out to Dr. Domb, who she heard about through her physical therapy patients. Melissa had even sent many of her physical therapy patients with non-resolving hip pain to Dr. Domb.
Dr. Domb evaluated Melissa and discovered that she had torn her labrum and ligamentum teres. Additionally, her capsule was stretched out. Melissa said Dr. Domb explained her injuries in a way that she could easily understand and took time to answer her questions.
Melissa has since reported nearly 100% improvement in her hip pain since surgery. She is anxious to begin running and snow skiing again.
- Melissa Stevens
I feel like nothing ever happened,” responded Patrick Metcalf when asked about his recent arthroscopic hip surgery. “Honestly, my hip feels 100 percent.
At the time of his hip injury, Metcalf was a senior football player for Naperville North High School in Naperville, IL. He had seen three surgeons, had two MRIs and still had no definitive diagnosis. "The first three doctors I saw couldn't figure out what was wrong with me,” said Metcalf. “The best thing they could come up with was that it was a fluid buildup in my upper thigh. It was horrible since I was on crutches for a few months and not able to put any weight on it at all.
Then Metcalf met Dr. Domb." Within a few minutes of talking to Dr. Domb, he had an idea of what was wrong with me," Metcalf stated. “He sent me for some tests that confirmed his original diagnosis.” Dr. Domb had correctly diagnosed him with an acute labral tear, an injury to the cartilage rim of the hip socket.
After a second meeting with Dr. Domb, Metcalf elected to have surgery. “Other than having my tonsils removed, I had never had surgery. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it all went very smoothly,” he said. He went home just a few hours after the surgery and began physical therapy the very next day.
The arthroscopic surgery was a success. When asked about his experience with Dr. Domb, Metcalf said, "I started physical therapy after surgery, and I noticed an improvement almost immediately." Within three months he was pain-free and had returned to playing sports.
- Patrick Metcalf
Gavin Cline is your average 16 year old. Loves hockey. Tolerates high school and girls!
In April of 2012 he was playing AAA hockey and had a personal trainer. Life was good. By June of 2012, the hockey season was over, personal training continued for the summer months, and he was having pain in his hip flexor area. Squats were all but impossible. “It feels like my hip bones are touching each other in the socket”. Yeah right, they can't do that. Can they?! We thought it was just tight hip flexors. An athletic roller was purchased and Gavin would roll out the flexor area. It didn't relieve all of the pain.
The next season for hockey started in August. The pain was still there but bearable. In the beginning of the season Gavin was in the top 5 for speed. By the end of the season, April 2013, he was skating with the goalies! Sometimes the pain would take his breath away, he would push past it, but for some reason he just couldn't keep his speed.
In early February of 2013 we saw an Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Shaeffer, in Kalamazoo, MI. He felt he knew what the problem was. Two X-rays later Gavin was diagnosed with FAI! What the heck is FAI? Never heard of it. Our journey had begun. Our surgeon in Kalamazoo does not work on FAI, only total hip replacement and/or minor arthroscopy. He ordered an MRI with dye contrast to see if there was damage to the labrum. There was a tear in the left labrum and fringing on both. We were referred to Dr. Ryan in Kalamazoo but were also warned that most medical insurances won't cover surgery unless physical therapy was tried and failed. You can't do physical therapy unless you have a prescription. So, two calls were made, one to Dr. Ryan and one to Rambling Road Pediatrics. We scheduled an appointment with Dr. Ryan in late February. He read both the X-rays and the MRI and felt he could help Gavin. After some private discussion, my husband and I felt that Dr. Ryan was not the surgeon for us. I began doing research on the internet and found 3 doctors. Dr. Zaltz in Detroit, MI., Dr. Domb in Chicago, and a Dr. in Colorado. All 3 sounded comparable but we liked that Dr. Domb worked on young athletes. In the mean time, Dr. LaReau from the Pediatrics office gave us a call and wanted to know what was wrong with Gavin. We told him the diagnosis and he said he'd put in a call to his son, Dr. LaReau, in Chicago. He explained that his son, Justin, is part of an association of Orthopaedic Specialists. That same day we got a call from Hinsdale Orthopaedics, Dr. Domb, to schedule an appt. Interestingly enough, we also got a call from Dr. Ryan's office stating that upon further study of Gavin's MRI, Dr. Ryan felt Gavin would be better off going to a colleague and referred us to Dr. Domb. Seems like all arrows were pointing towards Chicago!
Gavin's first appointment with Dr. Domb was mid-March of 2013, at the Ogden office. We were well cared for from the moment we walked through the door. We saw Julie, one of Dr. Domb's PAs, first. After a brief consultation with Julie we met Dr. Domb. Both he and Julie looked at the X-rays and MRI. It was explained to us that FAI, for Gavin, is considered elective surgery. If he would stop the activities that create the pain, the pain will go away. FAI itself, does not go away on it's own. It is a disorder of the femur and/or the socket. The only way to correct it is surgery. If he didn't have surgery to correct the FAI, he would likely have serious hip problems as he got older. The decision was totally up to us. Any surgery is major. Did we want to put our 16 year old under the knife just so he could play hockey, ride a bike, have proper form for working out, and be pain free when he did specific activities? Or did we let it go and let him have possible major hip surgery later in life? We opted for surgery now. Dr. Domb and Julie explained how the surgery would be performed arthroscopic so there would be minimum invasion and hopefully a shorter recovery time. Unfortunately he would have to undergo two separate surgeries, one for each hip, due to a 6 week recovery time for each hip. He would leave the hospital in a hip brace and crutches and would need to stay on these for 2 weeks. As we left for home, we felt comfortable with our decision.
Before we left the office, we were given a packet containing information on Dr. Domb and his staff. When we got home we started coming up with all kinds of questions. The support staff is very knowledgeable and responds to questions fast! Most of the questions I had were answered by either Emily or Nadine and were usually answered the same day. Their patience and knowledge is greatly appreciated! They worked with me with the insurance company, helped me understand procedures, and answered general questions like “when can Gavin go back to school".
Gavin's first surgery was scheduled for April 24 with pre-op the day before. At pre-op we met with Kinzie and Dr. Domb. Gavin filled out an on-going, research study questionnaire and then any questions we had were answered. He was fitted for his brace and crutches that same day. The morning of surgery we felt we were well prepared by Dr. Domb and his staff. Surgery was 2 hrs. with updates given periodically throughout. Dr. Domb met with us after surgery to let us know how surgery went and how Gavin was doing. The FAI was worse than the X-rays and MRI showed. The MRI didn't show a large tear in the labrum and the femur was larger than expected. If we had any 2nd thoughts on our decision to do surgery, they were expelled. Gavin needed the surgery. Because we are from out of town, Michigan, our post-op was scheduled for the day following surgery, with a follow up by our local doctor 2 weeks later. Our Dr., here in Kalamazoo, has been so impressed with Gavin's surgery that he has referred several tough cases to Dr. Domb. Gavin's first physical therapy was also scheduled for the first day after surgery and was done at Hinsdale Orthopaedics in Westmont. During surgery, pictures were taken of certain procedures. We received a copy of these pictures as well as new X-rays of the hip that had surgery.
Our after surgery experience was as successful as the surgery. We followed Dr. Domb's protocol to the T. Icing, medication, and rest seemed to be the best therapy. There was little if any pain or bruising. We purchased an exercise bike so Gavin could do physical therapy at home as well as continue to visit his physical therapist.
On June 10, 6 weeks after his first hip surgery, Gavin underwent his second surgery. The second surgery was pretty much a mirror image of the first. A tear in the labrum, major shredding of the labrum, and a huge femur. Again surgery was successful. Physical Therapy and after surgery protocol are being followed.
We are very impressed with Dr. Domb and his staff. Bedside manner is important for any doctor, PA, nurse, and other staff to have. Dr. Domb has a very caring manner and seems to be VERY knowledgeable in his field of expertise. His two assistants Julie and Kinzie, are patient and answer all questions to the point of easily understanding the answer! ALL of the office staff are thorough and make sure all aspects of office visits and surgery are understood. A smoothly run operation!
As of this time, Gavin is in his 4th week of healing. He is working hard during physical therapy and is anxiously awaiting his 3 month follow up with Dr. Domb to see if he will be released to go back to playing hockey. Pain has not been present in recovery and the results remarkable. It amazes me at what modern medicine can do and the doctors that perform it. Attention to detail goes a long way in the success of the procedure as well as the success of the healing process. We feel that Dr. Domb has made it a personal achievement to be the best that he can be for his patients. His attention to detail and his staff's attention to detail has made all the difference in helping Gavin return to normal capabilities and even get back on the ice.
- Gavin Cline
After 3 years of finding ways to buy time and delay surgery, I decided to go ahead with right hip replacement surgery on November 12, 2013. I am a very active 61 year old and wanted to stay that way. My goals were to continue playing golf, tennis, hiking and biking. For 9 months prior to the surgery I used a trainer to take me through a "pre-hab" program to strengthen all the muscles that would be affected by the surgery in advance. After considerable discussion my surgeon, Dr. Benjamin Domb, with Hinsdale Orthopaedics in Chicago we selected the joint to be used as well as to use the anterior approach with robotic guidance. I wanted to rehab as quickly as possible and to straighten my right foot which had progressively turned out as my hip deteriorated.
An Emergency Room Physician Climbing the steps of the ancient Zapotec pyramids in Oaxaca, Mexico with 2 new MAKOplasty hips.
It blew my mind I could walk so soon
- Karen Peterik, Anterior MAKO Total Hip Replacement
"Over a year ago, I suffered a spine and hip injury at work. I experienced a lot of pain, which affected my ability to stand, walk, sit, and sleep. I needed to constantly increase a dose of pain medicine to deal with my pain. Unfortunately, the medicine would become ineffective after a while.
My family doctor ordered an x-ray of my hip, and the result was obvious. I needed to see a hip specialist. I was then referred to Dr Benjamin Domb. During my first visit, Dr Domb, impressed me with his professional knowledge, courtesy and kindness. He repeated an x-ray, and performed an injection to reduce my constantly increasing pain. After two weeks, during my second visit, the decision was made that I need to undergo a hip surgery. Dr Domb explained the whole process in detail, and assured me that everything will be OK. The surgery went well, during which, Dr Domb replaced my hip, using sophisticated medical technology, and leaving only a tiny scar line on my side.
Dr Domb, is a great, caring man, with impressive professional knowledge, skills, and great character. He is a perfectionist, paying attention to every detail during the whole treatment process.
Thanks to Dr Domb, three months after the surgery, I feel great, and the pain is completely gone. I do not feel any lack of performance, or limitations due to an artificial hip.
When walking to doctor's office, it is hard not to notice a wall full of his diplomas, achievements, and rewards, and I am a living proof of the knowledge, Dr Domb was recognized for.
Thank you so very much for changing and improving my life."
- Zbigniew Garderewicz
"Choosing Dr Domb to do my hip replacement surgery was one of the best decisions of my life. Why? Because he literally gave me a new life! My lifestyle always included daily activity be it biking, walking, roller-blading, cross-country skiing, yoga and it was getting harder and harder to move without pain. After three years of suffering, I decided to bite the bullet and find a doctor to perform my surgery. I wanted someone that was sharp, modern yet rooted with experience. Dr Domb and his staff not only fit the bill but super-ceded my expectations. I was walking the same day as surgery and discharged the next. It blew my mind that I could walk so soon without the same familiar pain in my hip joint. Poof - it was just gone! Recovery was much less of an ordeal than I expected as well. In fact, I was back at my gym six weeks to the day taking my favorite spin and yoga classes. I recently met a man who mentioned he had an artificial hip and I thought to myself, too bad he got an "artificial" hip when I have a "new" hip. It's just had to think of it any other way for me. It's my hip and it's wonderfully smooth and silky feeling. And I'm so grateful for it! Thank you Hinsdale Orthopedics, Dr Domb and your excellent staff! I have a new life now to do all the things I want to do without giving it a moment's thought. My ongoing appreciation,"
- Karen Peterik
Hip Surgery with Dr Domb
"I finally got my wife back."
- Husband of a revision gluteus medius repair with open gluteus maximus transfer.
MAKOplasty Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
After 3 years of finding ways to buy time and delay surgery, I decided to go ahead with right hip replacement surgery on November 12, 2013. I am a very active 61 year old and wanted to stay that way. My goals were to continue playing golf, tennis, hiking and biking. For 9 months prior to the surgery I used a trainer to take me through a "pre-hab" program to strengthen all the muscles that would be affected by the surgery in advance. After considerable discussion, my surgeon, Dr. Benjamin Domb, with Hinsdale Orthopaedics in Chicago, selected the joint to be used as well as to use the anterior approach with robotic guidance. I wanted to rehab as quickly as possible and to straighten my right foot which had progressively turned out as my hip deteriorated.
"Choosing Dr Domb to do my hip replacement surgery was one of the best decisions of my life. Why? Because he literally gave me a new life! My lifestyle always included daily activity be it biking, walking, roller-blading, cross-country skiing, yoga and it was getting harder and harder to move without pain. After three years of suffering, I decided to bite the bullet and find a doctor to perform my surgery.
"Dr Benjamin Domb performed my total hip replacement surgery (anterior method with MAKOplasty) on Feb. 4, 2013. I had been diagnosed six years earlier at age 58, and I was determined to research the best doctor for my procedure. Dr Domb gave a lecture on MAKOplasty related to hip surgery in July of 2009, and I was impressed. The orthopedic rock stars at Rush and NorthShore did not use this new technology. After further exploring his excellent credentials, I chose Dr Domb as my surgeon.
More Success Stories of Hip Replacement Patients:
"Over a year ago, I suffered a spine and hip injury at work. I experienced a lot of pain, which affected my ability to stand, walk, sit, and sleep. I needed to constantly increase a dose of pain medicine to deal with my pain. Unfortunately, the medicine would become ineffective after a while.
"I experience the best care I have ever had in my life. Everyone asked me how I recovered so soon."
- Sally Kempton (MAKOplasty Total Hip)
Success Stories of Hip Arthroscopy Patients:
Dr. Domb made me feel comfortable from the moment I stepped into the patient's room. He listened to my worries about my hip injury and recognized a potential problem right away. He asked me take some X-rays and get an MRI, which revealed to him that I had a hip impingement and labral tear, and he recommended a hip arthroscopy surgery.
- Rachel Masterson, LaGrange, IL
"My initial symptoms were pain in the hip flexor area. I honestly did not know what it was, then got an MRI which showed a tear. I was highly recommended to see Dr Domb and I am glad I did. He was very personable. He made it comfortable. When I met him the first time, I could tell right away that I was in good hands. Its been a long experience, but its worth it in the end. I thank Dr Domb and my therapist for my return to Baseball. If I had to recommend anyone for hip surgery, he would be the first on the list."
- Erik Lis (Minor League Baseball Player, Joliet Slammers)
"I have had hip pain for almost 4 years. I saw Dr Domb for the first time one year ago and had the surgery. By the first postop appointment I was so thrilled and excited the pain had already diminished. And by 3-4 months postop I was about 80% changed in pain. It felt so much better. That's when I decided to go forward with the left hip. I am so pleased. I was seen by 2 other orthopedic surgeons and decided surgery was to be done, but finding the right surgeon was the key. I would have been anywhere in the world and come back to see him. He was the only choice for the second hip and I could not be happier. It was a blessing to find him. It's not just finding a surgeon, it's not just finding a physician, it's making a friend, and that's what everyone in the office is here to be for you. As a mother of 4 children under 4 and younger, this is getting me back to chasing after the kids, run and jump and wrestle with them. Riding the bike and just being a mom again!
- Sonya Arguijo-Frederick (All Star Mother of 4)
Hip arthroscopy at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
Arthroscopic hip surgery is a new field with many patient benefits, including faster recovery time and eliminating the need for eventual hip replacement. Dr. Benjamin Domb, an orthopedic surgeon on the medical staff at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, discusses technologically advanced techniques to treat hip injuries.
Many high-profile athletes have learned firsthand that hip arthroscopy is the quickest and most-effective way to address hip injuries and get back on the field. This surgery has yet to reach the mass population. Domb is a nationally renowned orthopedic surgeon in hip arthroscopy. He is leading the charge as medical director of the new Hip Center of Excellence at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital in Hinsdale. Domb offers his patients the innovative option for these hip restoration issues.
"One year and a few days after my hip replacement surgery and all I have is praise for the Doctors work in ridding me of the pain I had been suffering for sometime. My only regret is, why did I not do this sooner ."
- Rudy R
"I have been an athlete my whole life but unfortunately over-trained for several decades. This resulted in numerous injuries as a child, teenager, and adult. My hip broke down to such a degree that surgery was the only option for me to be able to stand, walk, and live pain free."
- Laura A
"Surgery went great, I felt as good as new within days. Dr. Domb and his staff were great about answering questions and setting me up with the right people to get back to 100%! Great experience."
- Noah G
"What can I say, I'm so glad I chose Dr. Domb for my hip replacement. I actually don't live in Illinois but after exhausting my search for a doctor in my area, I came across Dr. Domb. After doing some research on Dr. Domb there was no way I couldn't at least schedule an appointment."
- Cindy C
"I recently had my one year follow up appointment for my right hip arthroscopy with Dr. Domb and I feel great! Before coming in, I was concerned about my progress in therapy; however, after talking to Dr. Domb and Julie, they suggested PRP injections."
- Emily T
"Recently had hip surgery by Dr Domb. Excellent experience from start to finish! I have been suffering from hip pain for years now, and after many inaccurate diagnoses by multiple specialists, I was referred to Dr Domb by a colleague who also had hip surgery by him, and had an equally excellent experience and outcome."
- Claire S
"my experience was amazing! Dr. Domb and his team were very informative and comforting. I had a hip arthroscopy done with a whole lotta other minor procedures and feel 100% better."
- Chris B
- The entire process from diagnosis to post op was extremely professional."
- Rick T
- Dr.Domb fixed me! Dr.Domb did my labral tear surgery and there were no complications and everything went very smoothly! I would recommend himself and his team to anyone who needed a hip surgery! His staff is professional and thorough! He has excellent bedside manner and I cannot say thank you enough!"
- Genny P
- Outstanding surgeon and staff. Highly recommended. Recovery went well (first week is tough) but overall, very pleased with my choice of medical professionals."
- So happy I heard about Dr Domb from my physical therapist and went to him for hip replacement. I am pain free and so happy! I traveled 250 miles from Indiana to have him do my surgery because of his education and reputation. I had the robotic arm used and yes it cost me more $$ since blue cross didnt want to cover that portion, but my health is worth it. Wonderful Julie Morgan the assistant. Cant say enough about her!!"
- Karen W
- Dr. Domb and his staff are top notch. I am extremely happy with the outcome of my total hip replacement and the care that I received both before and after the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Domb to anyone who is looking for an orthopedic doctor to treat hip or knee pain."
- Sue P
- My daughter Sofia Porta, at 15, was suffering an 8 out of 10 on a pain scale just sitting in class or walking to school. She had undergone months of physical therapy to try to rectify her pain in both hips, likely a result of dancing over the course of 12 years or so. After consulting with two other surgeons, the second of whom recommended Dr. Domb prior to his willingness to operate..."
- Dr. Domb and his staff are great. I had hip pain for about a year and a half and was told I needed surgery. The surgery really helped and was a success. The recovery process went well and I was feeling only a little pain after about 4 months. I was able to go back to playing sports after 6 months. I am very pleased with the service Dr. Domb and his staff provides to their patients."
- Being a Scuba Insructor, I was finding it very difficult to do my work with a painful hip. I was under the care of a Rheumatologist and after trying injections in my hip, which didn't work, I was advised to consider a total hip replacement. My initial appointment was made with another surgeon at Hinsdale Orthopedic Associates but as I read, talked with physical therapists...."
- Pat B
- Had a wonderful experience with Dr Domb and his staff! I have been having hip pain for years, and have seen many doctors- all of whom have either dismissed the pain or misdiagnosed it. Dr Domb took the time to really listen to me and took me through a very careful examination. I was really impressed that even though he is a surgeon, he is not one to rush his patients into surgery.."
- Anne L
- Dr. Domb identified my hip problems quickly. My pains could not be aliviated with PT only - I needed surgery. The surgery was a complete success! I was amazed at how small the surgical sight was - especially with the amount of repair completed. However Dr. Domb does his procedures - it put my on a track to a very successful recovery. The surgery, coupled with 12 weeks of PT has made such a difference in my life."
- Beth W
- I cannot say enough about my positive experience with Dr. Domb. He is a compassionate and understanding caregiver. The quality that I admire most about Dr. Domb is that he is a good listener, and he takes the time necessary to talk to you about each step of the process. Dr. Domb and his staff thoroughly explained the surgery and post-surgery procedures. The joint class that was offered through Hinsdale hospital was also helpful..."
- J S
- I came to Dr. Domb about 8 months ago with chronic hip pain. When I first came to him, he was very personable and appeared to want to help in any way possible. He explained in great detail as to what he thought was the best course of action, what I would have to do, and how long this process would take. Now, two surgeries by Dr. Domb later, I feel substantially better."
- Dan R
- I came to see Dr. Domb for pain in my right hip. My orthopedic surgeon could not find a cause except to tell me I had arthritis. I ended up having a torn labrum in my hip and had surgery with excellent results. A few years later I developed more problems in my hip and needed to have my hip replaced. Dr. Domb did my total hip replacement using the anterior approach."
- "I am happy that I found this group. I feel I am on the beginning of my road to living a normal life. I originally saw Dr Lareau who referred me to Dr. Domb after some testing. I will say that I had a long wait but everyone was so nice and accommodating, especially considering I brought my 18 month old son with me to my apt. They even offered my son snacks while we waited to speak with the surgical scheduler."
- Jenna T
- "Recently had hip surgery by Dr Domb. Excellent experience from start to finish! I have been suffering from hip pain for years now, and after many inaccurate diagnoses by multiple specialists, I was referred to Dr Domb by a colleague who also had hip surgery by him, and had an equally excellent experience and outcome. His staff was helpful and thorough and guided me through the process, and Dr Domb's experience, reputation, education and bedside manner were top notch."
- Claire S
- "After years of discomfort turning into pain while doing the simplest activity including walking, I decided to see Dr. Domb. My diagnosis was severe osteoarthritis and total hip replacement was my only option for relief. So I did it and what a good decision! 1st surgery was in January; the 2nd was 6 weeks later. I only missed a total 12 days of work for both surgeries and now I am walking straight in no pain whatsoever!"
- Lynn D
- "Recently had hip surgery by Dr Domb. Excellent experience from start to finish! I have been suffering from hip pain for years now, and after many inaccurate diagnoses by multiple specialists, I was referred to Dr Domb by a colleague who also had hip surgery by him, and had an equally excellent experience and outcome. His staff was helpful and thorough and guided me through the process.."
- "I didn't meet him until after my surgery, but my hip feels as good as new! If you're looking for someone to fix your hip, Dr. Domb's your guy."
- "Excellent doctor. My only concern was the lack of follow-up after the initial visit, when it was determined I would undergo physical therapy, receive a cortisone shot, and if I continued to have issues, would schedule surgery. The procedure is a rough one, and I felt more contact after the initial visit would be appropriate. Overall, my experience was good & I do plan on going through with the procedure."
- "Dr.Domb is the best doctor that a person could ever ask for. I have 100% trust in his thoughts and decisions. You will never find a doctor better then this. Trust me, I have seen MANY doctors before him for the same problem. GOD SENT!"
- "I was suffering with an arthritic hip, which I later found out was causing bone spurs in my hip. It affected every aspect of my activities of daily life. After setting up my appointment with Dr. Domb, his office and his attentive staff, I was given the highest level of medical care I could ever expect. The preparation for surgery was comprehensive and very informative, which took the anxiety of such surgery away."
- "Had a wonderful experience with Dr Domb and his staff! I have been having hip pain for years, and have seen many doctors- all of whom have either dismissed the pain or misdiagnosed it. Dr Domb took the time to really listen to me and took me through a very careful examination. I was really impressed that even though he is a surgeon, he is not one to rush his patients into surgery."
- "Dr. Domb is extremely knowledgeable and skilled, and I had no problems with his staff. My only suggestion is that they stay on top of their surgical center staff, because I was sent home without my ice machine, which caused me days of pain and swelling."
- "I am very pleased with the results of my surgery of the labrum. Dr Domb and his staff were wonderful. I never had any pain after surgery."
- "I want to thank Dr. Domb and his staff the quality of my life has improved 110%! I am painfree. I am able to perform tasks that I could no longer do prior to my surgery- like walk, stand, shop, clean my house, get up from a chair, get in and out of a car! And I can dance again! I am forever grantful and have and will continue to recommend Dr. Domb to anyone I meet who is in need of a hip replacement."
- "After 3 other surgeries, by 3 other top notch, great reputations, well known surgeons, I came to Dr. B. Domb. I presented him with a large challenge. Could he salvage anything from 2 previously failed surgeries to a gluteus medius tear, repair it, and get me out of the pain that was causing me to use a cane, walker or wheelchair much of my life, (at age 64)."
- "When I first came in I was in a lot of pain in my hip and very unsure if I would be able to play softball again. After meeting with Dr. Domb, it was decided I would need surgery. Upon completion of a successful surgery and months of physical therapy, I am pain free and back on the softball field. Dr. Domb and his staff were great and although this wasn't a good situation, they made me feel reassured and confident in my decision to proceed."
- "Outstanding I fell so much better then before. Look forward to the coming years of pain free."
- "I have found Dr. Domb and his staff to be courteous, informative, thorough and very helpful as I navigated through a diffifult diagnosis regarding my hip."
- "Office wait was not long at all, staff was very nice and friendly. They Took my x rays and consult in a hours time. Dr Domb spent the time talking to me about my options. I Felt very comfortable with Dr Domb and when im ready he will be doing my hip replacement surgery."
- "I had an app with this doctor the other day. I have bilateral labrum tears and was informed I need a femoral osteotomy. For me this is almost good news. I have been dealing w chronic hip pain for 9 months now. He made me feel good. He even said we will get you all fixed up at the end which made me like him even more. His bedside manner is excellent if you as me. I feel 100% safe in his hands."
- "After seeing 3 different Dr. for my hip pain, I was told to see Dr. Domb. I am glad that I did.Everyone in his office really showed intrest in making me better. I go back in a couple days for a Follow up on my MRI of my right hip.This was the first Dr. that I have been to that did not send in his Assistant first. The only bad thing that I can say is that it is hard to get an appointment."
- "Exceptionally competent and professional"
- "Glad I went through with hip surgery with Dr. Domb. Agree that the financial aspect can be confusing, they should remind patients more than once that the ~50K bills will not ultimately fall on them, to avoid unnecessary worry. I placed one phone call to their billing office in Florida and they sent my refund/hostage check back. I've never encountered a similar process at a doctors office so it was a little odd to me.."
- "My experience was a very positive one. The office is very efficient. I never had to wait too long. They answered all my questions in a friendly professional manner. I liked how all pertinent people were available to talk to me. I Only saw Dr. Domb only twice, once initially and again before surgery. But I didn't care because the rest of the team was great."
- Kelly H
- "Dr.Domb was a very friendly and knowledgeable doctor. He preformed hip arthroscopy on my torn labrum as well as shaving down my bone. He always made sure I was comfortable and informed. His staff was also very friendly and comforting. He is a great surgeon and doctor. If there was one thing I didn't like about my visit, it was that his staff would not stop commenting on how young I am."
- "Recently had hip surgery by Dr Domb. Excellent experience from start to finish! I have been suffering from hip pain for years now, and after many inaccurate diagnoses by multiple specialists, I was referred to Dr Domb by a colleague who also had hip surgery by him, and had an equally excellent experience and outcome. His staff was helpful and thorough and guided me through the process"
- Claire S
- "Recently had hip surgery by Dr Domb. Excellent experience from start to finish! I have been suffering from hip pain for years now, and after many inaccurate diagnoses by multiple specialists, I was referred to Dr Domb by a colleague who also had hip surgery by him, and had an equally excellent experience and outcome."
- "On June 3,2015,DOCTOR BENJAMIN DOMB and his team performed a left shoulder arthroscopy and bicep tendon repair. I was very pleased with Dr. Domb's entire team throughout the process. The team made sure that I was very well taken care of from the pre-op appoinment until the post-op appointment.."
- "On March 6, 2015, Doctor Benjamin Domb and his team performed MAKO-plasty robotic-assisted anterior approach total hip replacement (THR) surgery on my right hip at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, Illinois utilizing a Hanna operating table specifically designed for this type of advanced surgery."
- "Had a wonderful experience with Dr Domb and his staff! I have been having hip pain for years, and have seen many doctors- all of whom have either dismissed the pain or misdiagnosed it. Dr Domb took the time to really listen to me and took me through a very careful examination."
- "After 3 other surgeries, by 3 other top notch surgeons, I came to Dr. Domb. I presented him with a challenge. Could he salvage anything from 2 previously failed surgeries to my torn gluteus medius tear & get me out of the pain that was causing me to use a cane, walker or wheelchair much of my life, at the age of just 64?"
- Completely stellar experience. Bilateral hip surgery that went perfectly. Great staff, fantastic doctor. Dr. Domb and his staff are patient, informative, caring. I walked out of the hospital, with two hip replacements, 80 hours post surgery. Was walking decently 6 days post surgery..
- World class care from a premier orthopedist and the friendliest, most efficient staff out there.