Surgical Checklist - Outpatient
Thank you for choosing to schedule surgery with Dr. Benjamin G Domb. We are excited to be involved in your surgical experience. In preparation for your surgery, we would like to inform you of all the necessary steps to be completed prior to your procedure.
Dr. Domb's surgery scheduler will contact you to set a date and location.
- If you do not hear from her within 2-3 days, please call (630) 920-2323.
Please have all items completed within 30 days of your surgery and prior to your preoperative appointment.
- Letter for medical clearance from your primary care physician ( if advised to do so by our staff)
- Letter for medical clearance from specialist if necessary (e.g. cardiologist)
- Preoperative lab tests
- Blood Work
- EKG (if requested or over 49 years of age)
- Chest X-ray (if requested or over 49 years of age)
- Additional testing if necessary or recommended by your Medical Doctors
- Discontinue Anti-inflammatories 7-10 days before surgery
- Discontinue Birth Control 1 month before surgery
- If on anticoagulation/blood thinners, immunomodulators, supplements.
- obtain preoperative plan for medication from your primary care physician
Fill out your Pre-op Surgical Questionnaire Online. (ONLY for Hip Surgery). You will receive and email with a personalized link to your questionnaire. This will help us track outcomes to provide quality care for our patients.